Monday, September 28, 2009

Samson

As you all know I am a sucker for animals, and I find myself yet again caring for another sick/abandoned creature! This time however, I find myself nursing a 8 to 9 week old Corgi puppy, who we have now named Samson. Samson was found at Ronnie's on Saturday barely alive from some still unknown sickness (we should know by this afternoon). Ronnie couldn't get him to eat, drink or move so I asked him if I could take him home with me knowing that at least I could give him a nice, comfortable place to die. Unable to just simply let him starve to death while in my charge I started making up a sweet and very sticky concoction of milk and honey in which with my help Samson slurped up. He was so weak that I had to hold his head up for him with my fingers under his chin so that he could lick at the milk instead of drowned in it. Saturday and Sunday both continued much the same with him slowly trying to gain strength back. Sunday afternoon we had some what of a break through, the little guy began walking around the room and actively looking for his milk bowl.

This morning; however. found Samson toddling about the room howling and barking his protest at being left alone. He is now at the vet this morning and we are hoping to get a positive prognosis. If all goes well he will be looking for a nice home after he has gained some weight and confidence.

If anyone out there is interested in our little fluff ball please let me know! (I will post pictures of him this afternoon) Matthew and I are unable to keep him due to the fact that we already have two Corgis and can't take on anymore animals.

Hopefully Yours,
Kasey

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope the prognosis is good. I would snatch him up in a heartbeat, but I'm afraid that a new puppy and a new baby would not bode well. :(

Can we get a picture if the prognosis is good?

I love you Sis! Bunches and bunches...:-D

Kasey and Matthew said...

Lol I'll house break him and everything! Baby Ava can have a little fuzzy to play with!