Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wool Soakers

Many of you might be wondering what these are...I know I was when Kelly first mentioned them to me. Basically they are knitted diaper covers made out of 100% wool that allows them to soak up anything the diaper might not catch without feeling wet! So cool right?!


So anyways I've set out to make some for my sister, my first attempt didn't turn out quite the way I figured it would, meaning I totally didn't think about the fact that once I washed the soaker it would shrink. So now I have this adorable soaker that is literally the perfect size a baby doll. So I've now started my second one and am following a free pattern off the internet! The new one is going to be two colors this time instead of one and should be big enough that once felted it should be the perfect size for a real baby this time!


Here is a picture of my first attempt:


Wish me luck on the next one!!!

Love,

Kasey